As you know Norton Secure VPN is used for online privacy. With the growing use of Internet, hacking activities, system attacks, bank account fraud is also on rise. In order to protect your online privacy, you use Norton secure VPN. VPN actually hides your original IP address and change to a random ip address depending upon the location you choose.
Since your computer or phone is a machine, it may face problem hardware or software at any point of time due to several reasons. It is also possible that your VPN encounter some problem and may stop working.
Fix for "Norton Secure VPN not working" from Norton.com/setup
1. Try Reinstalling.
Reinstalling the non working software may fix your problem sometimes. Steps are easy for reinstallation
- Go to the start menu and go to control panel on your computer and select "program and features" or "Uninstall a program"
- Find norton.com/setup, Secure VPN and select it
- Hit "Uninstall" from the top or just double click it to initiate the uninstallation process.
- Visit norton secure vpn website, login with your credentials
- Download it again
Now it must be working, if not try another method
2. Update your computer
Out of date computer files may impact the performance of software and antiviruses installed on your computer. Follow the steps to update your computer
- Go to start and search for "Windows Update"
- Open windows update screen
- Click "Check for updates" and download if it shows available updates to download
- Once downloading is finished. Install updates
- It may ask to restart your PC, restart it. Even if it doesn't. Do restart your PC
3. Check your Firewall
Check firewall to fix Norton secure VPN. Sometimes firewall stops incoming and outgoing connection to and from your computer so that it can block infected links that may download viruses and spywares from entering in to your computer. Steps to stop firewall are as follows
- Open Start Menu from the screen or using keyboard.
- Search for Allow an App Through Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings button. It may ask you to allow permission to make necessary changes
- Click "Allow Another Program" from the bottom to a new program to the list.
- Browse through the list of programs and select Norton Secure VPN.
- Click on OK.
4. Check graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers may also cause problems with your Norton VPN software. Follow these steps to update the graphic drivers
- Hit start button
- Open Control panel
- Open device manager
- Locate "graphics drivers"
- Right click and search for an update
If none of them works, Visit Norton's official website and contact them