Norton rank in the top performing cyber security products in the cyber security market. There is no doubt that Norton fulfill all cyber security aspect. Norotn Security products guarantee protection to all your all devices and personal information. If you’re looking for a top of the line security protection, look no further than the, Norton antivirus. However, sometimes the program can cause inconveniences to the user, and there might be a chance when the user needs to uninstall Norton. There might be some reasons like reinstalling Norton, copying antivirus files to other drives, and installing another software. There may be many ways to remove Norton on different devices using Norton removal tools.
How to uninstall Norton in Windows?
In most cases, Windows 8 and above, it is easy to uninstall Norton through Add/remove Control Panel. Follow the following steps to remove the program:
- Click on Start, go into the Control Panel of your system; a window will open.
- Click on UNINSTALL A PROGRAM or Double click on Add or remove programs.
- Wait for the list popup on the screen.
- Right-click on Norton antivirus, select uninstall/remove.
- A window will open, and you need to click the top option ‘I plan to reinstall a Norton product please leave my settings behind.’
- Click NO THANKS.
- Click Next, the uninstall process will start, and it may take a while.
- You will get an alert that you need to restart your computer.
- Click on RESTART NOW.
Your computer will have to shut down, and you have to wait for to start again. With the restart completed, you no longer have Norton in on your system.
How to uninstall Norton Antivirus on MAC OS?
Follow the below steps to uninstall Norton antivirus:
- Open the Norton Security app.
- Tap on Norton security in the app menu on the upper left corner of the screen.
- A Drop down menu appears.
- Select Uninstall Norton Security.
- Norton security Uninstall menu pops up.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Fill in your Mac password, and when the security informs you that it requires a helper tool to start the process, click on INSTALL HELPER.
- Click on Restart Now.
You have successfully removed Norton security on your MAC OS.
How to Uninstall Norton through Norton Removal Tool?
- Click to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Double-click the NRnR file which you just downloaded.
- Read the license agreement carefully, and then click “Agree”.
- Then click “Advanced Options”.
- Click “Remove Only”.
- Click “Remove”.
- Finally, click “Restart Now”.
- After your computer restarts, follow the instructions to reinstall your Norton product.
The process is complete.
Once the process is complete, the device will ask you to reboot it. Go and restart.
You have successfully uninstalled Norton.