You bought Norton Security but unable to install if you have already some third-party security or related drivers installed within your device. Then you have to uninstall that third-party security.
To solve your Norton Security installation problem, restart your device. If you face that problem again then , completely uninstall your third-party security software before installing your Norton Security.
Norton’s team has found out that Korea customers who have already installed Ahn Safe Transaction on his devices he/she face's installing Norton Security problem. If you are one of these customers, to go ahead with your Norton security installation;then you would first need to uninstall that third party security from your device. You would first need to install your Norton Security.
Given below are step-by-step guidelines for installing a Norton Security on any device.
Restart your computer/laptop
- Close all active running programs.
- Restart your device.
- If your Norton Security device has not installed yet, skip to Step 2 given below.
Uninstall any security product from your device that is non-Norton Life Lock
- First, press the Windows + R keys. ,to the Run dialogue box opens.
- Type in “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box, and then press Enter.
- Select your pre-installed non-Norton Life lock security product in your list of currently installed programs, and then click on ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove’.
- Next, follow all the on-screen prompts that follow.
- Once the uninstallation finishes, restart your device.
- If the Installation is still incomplete, install Norton in safe mode, as directed below.
Norton Security installation in safe mode
- Firstly, close all active running programs.
- Press the (Windows + R) keys for opening the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Type in ‘msconfig’, and press Enter.
- Click ‘Yes’ or ‘Continue’ if the User Account Control window appears.
- In ‘System Configuration’ window, select Safe boot and Network on the tab named ‘Boot’.
- On Windows XP: On the BOOT.INI tab in the System Configuration Utility window, select ‘SAFEBOOT and Network’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Click on ‘Restart’ when prompted to restart your device.
- Now your device will restart in safe mode with networking.
- Finally, install your Norton Security.
How to install Norton security specifically on Windows 10?
You first have to download the latest version of Norton Security to install on your Windows 10 device. Follow the steps below for installing the latest Norton Security version.
- First, Sign in to your Norton Security account.
- If you are not signed to your Norton account , you will have to sign in to your account.
- Enter your Norton registered email address and password for, and click on ‘Sign In’.
- If you have not created a Norton account, click on ‘Create a New Account’ and finish the sign-up.
- Click ‘Download Norton’ on the ‘Get Started’ window.
- Click ‘Enter a New Product Key’ if you wish to install a new product unregistered with you Norton account.
- Then click on ‘Agree & Download’.
- Press Ctrl + J key, to open the Downloads window in your browser, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- Click on continue, if the ‘User account control’ windows appears.
- Follow all the on-screen prompts.
- Your Norton Security product is installed and activated.
If you see an incompatibility message during or after downloading or installing Norton
- For successfully install your Norton Security, your device should fulfill the least of all operating system requirements, as mentioned here: System requirements to install and set up Norton protection.
- See some incompatibility messages that customers see while installing their Norton Security product given below:
Note: Norton Security products are incompatible with Chromebooks.
Some errors on Windows:
- Error: “One or more programs on your computer are not compatible with this Norton product…”
- Message: “Your version of Norton product is incompatible with this version of Windows…”
Some errors on Mac:
- Message: “We have detected an incompatible version of Norton product. Please uninstall the existing version…” on Mac
- Message: “Incompatible Software: This version of Norton product is not compatible with this version of macOS.”
- Message: “Installation failed: We have detected incompatible security software installed on your computer. Please uninstall…”